There are a few teachers in this city for whom I would travel to the end of the earth to take one of their classes… Halle Becker is one them. She is one of the most authentic people I have ever met, and I can honestly say taking her class on Monday nights at Earth Yoga is a highlight of my week time and again. On the mat and the bike, Halle makes you work, makes you laugh and has you leaving class dripping in sweat in a much better place than when you arrived.
Halle “Homegirl” Becker has been spreading her sweat and surrender fitness gospel on yoga mats and soul bikes for over 15 years. Halle was voted most popular yoga teacher in NYC and her Soul Cycle classes have a devoted following of celebrities and NYC mover shakers all seeking their dose of sweat and rock & roll. Halle teaches from the parts of her life that have needed healing and spiritual examination – an open book and loud preacher, Halle will help you find your truth and sing the body electric!
Halle credits all of her students from around the world and especially NYC as well as her beautiful daughter Maya the magnificent for teaching her important life lessons to share every day.
Salabhasana (Locust Pose) stretches and strengthens the muscles of the spine, buttocks and abdominals as well as the back of the arms and legs.
- Lie on your stomach and clasp your hands behind your head.
- Press your legs together, keeping your toenails on the mat and engage your core (tuck your belly in).
- Inhale and lift your head, heart and belly off the mat.
- Try and keep your shoulders relaxed, your elbows in line with your ears and your head a natural extension of your spine.
- Exhale as you lower, but not all the way down.
- Start with two sets of 10 with a short pause in between sets. Work up to three sets of 10 before you try any advanced variations.
Health and Beauty Tip: I do mostly hot power yoga and SOUL CYCLE as my weekly routine. On the weekends I ride my horse, hike and ski. I have a home in upstate New York where my partner, daughter and I escape every weekend.
My beauty routine is pretty simple. I like Kiehl’s products on my body, hair and face… always have! I also use these fabulous cucumber scented wipes that I put in the fridge so they are cold and add cucumber to my water to help me drink more of it!
For more on Halle and her upcoming classes and events visit: www.homegirlyoga.com and follow her on social media!
Facebook: Halle Becker